1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Choosing Components, Need help!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by QWERTZ, Jul 24, 2008.

1. QWERTZ

QWERTZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone!

I really need help. I can't decide on what to buy for my Gaming Computer.

The E8400 an the E3110 or the same. I have a E8400 in my HTPC, and I HATE the broken sensor (Stuck around 40). Does the Xeon have the same issue? Heard the Xeon are hand-picked Wolfdale, so they should be better right? (Better OC, Less Voltage? )

I can't decide :
    ASUS P5Q-E OR Gigabyte EP45-DS3P

They all have some nice features, like the Express-Gate or the LED for Diagnostic. The layout seems good on both. But I'm wondering... Which one has better audio? (ADI AD2000B VS Realtek ALC 889) Which one has better cooling, the heat-pipe on the ASUS seems bigger. It's really hard to decide.

As for the HDD, I was going for the SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS (7200RPM 250GB 32MB Dual Platter), but then found the SEAGATE Barracuda ES.2 ST3250310NS (7200RPM 250GB 32MB Single Platter). The ES.2 is a serveur class HDD, I was finding the 250GB version pretty good, in my case storage space is not a priority. I just want a silent, fast, reliable drive.

Finally, is it worth going for a PCI-E WIFI card? The D-LINK DWA-556 seems good but the D-LINK DWA-547 offers about the same stuff, except for the interface. The price difference isn't that much.

Thanks for your help.