1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help choosing gtx 560 ti

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by mrthanhnguyen, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    i don't know why my gtx 560 ti hawk is too loud, so i want to switch to evga sc (not ds version), and asus 900 mhz. anyone has experience with the noise of those 2. i want quite. my hawk idle at 39, fan 40%, but in game it hit 100%, tried to lock at 60%, but the card hits 100 degree if do that, so have to put auto; therefore, it hits 100% fan speed ( >4000rpm). my case is HP OEM desktop, so not good airflow. asus or evga, who has the best acoustic

2. coco10 New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't matter which card you get; if your card is having to work that hard to keep your card cool they're all going to be loud. I'd invest in a new case and make your rig happy and able to breathe.

4. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    The hawk's are some of the most quiet cards made, change that case instead and you'll be fine.

With the hawks, and others of similar design, the heat is dumped into the case. You need a case with better airflow.

5. phoen

phoen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Twin Frozr II/OC is better.

6. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    The reference cooler is whisper quiet on auto.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_560_Ti/26.html

EVGA, PNY and others use it for many of their models. I have an EVGA (actually sending it back to get the 2GB version). I could never hear it above my also quiet case fans. Idle was 34C, gaming temps were 69-74C. Not too shabby. I've had experience with a Twin Frozr card (GTX 465 Golden Edition). They can't come close to comparing to the reference cooler. Much louder while gaming.

7. lkkgg72200812 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello~I bought gigabyte 560Ti and it was very quiet. I think gigabyte's fans is very great. maybe you can try it .