1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help computer will not boot!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Victas2009, May 8, 2009.

1. Victas2009 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not very good with computers so I'm going to see if you guys will help me or not...
    My computer sometimes won't go past the motherboard screen it just stays on there and I can't even press a button to go to another screen like the BIOS or something. It has done this before like 3 times before and my brother usually just reformats it for me and it will start working fine...but now it has done it again and I'm not sure why. Sometimes after a while of the computer being off it will start working again, but when I restart it or something it doesn't want to go past that screen. Please if you guys can help I would appreciate. Thanks
  2. tzitzibp

tzitzibp New Member

Thanks Received:
    try with a different PSU! The symptoms you describe point to this being a very likely problem!

if you try this and you still have the same problem, we can go through an elimination process to find out which component is to blame for your troubles!
  3. Victas2009 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any good one that you may recommened right now I have a 500w Rosewill one I believe
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Go into your bios and turn off all unnecessary things such as IDE (if you don't use it), serial ports, FDD etc. Make sure your IRQ settings are to AUTO.
  5. Victas2009 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I'll see if my computer won't boot up again and try that. But what are those things for?