• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help fixing PS3 network problem once and for all!

Processor I5-4670k @ 4ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory Gskill 2133mhz - 8gb
Video Card(s) Evga 970 GTX FTW
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb
Display(s) Samsung 22" B2230
Case NZXT 410 Phantom
Audio Device(s) Motherboard Onboard
Power Supply Corsair Gaming Series 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
PS3 Causing Network Problems (Wireless)

Hey everyone, about 8 months ago i posted a thread about my network problems with PS3, which i could never resolve, since then i've actuley not used my PS3 hardly at all because of this, and it's finnaly time i put full effort into, if even possible to fixing this. So once again i seek help of TPU, after searching the internet for hours with no luck, i hope some expert here can lend me a hand!

**INFORMATION**

My internet is Upto 8mb Pipex (i receive around 5-6 MB) my router is Netgear DG834PN (http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/dg834pn.asp)

My sister and my brother are on wireless using netgear boosters for my netgear router, now there internet is all fine with no problems, but the second i turn on my ps3 there internet becomes VERY slow to the point it's actuley unusable.

This only happens on their internet, mine is fine which is wired, so i'm guessing the ps3's wireless must interfere with theirs, the thing is i have the internet turned off, and i've set it to wired, with no wire in yet it still does it!

I've hard resetted & rebooted many times, and my channel is 11

Played around with ps3 settings, changed media settings, even completey disabled the connection, no luck.

Tried with UPNP on and off, latest firmwire on Router & PS3.

Disabled RSS feed and other internet related stuff my PS3 doesn't use.

Every connection in my house (which is 2 wired, 2 wireless) all use different IP's my IP is not static, and i have no problem using any other wireless device.

If anyone could help me resolve this problem once and for all, i would be SO happy and appreciated! :toast:

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Is you wireless encrypted? Have you tried disabling the internet connection completely on the PS3? What happens when you just connect a wire? Have you changed the channel your wireless runs on?

Processor I5-4670k @ 4ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory Gskill 2133mhz - 8gb
Video Card(s) Evga 970 GTX FTW
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb
Display(s) Samsung 22" B2230
Case NZXT 410 Phantom
Audio Device(s) Motherboard Onboard
Power Supply Corsair Gaming Series 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Is you wireless encrypted? Have you tried disabling the internet connection completely on the PS3? What happens when you just connect a wire? Have you changed the channel your wireless runs on?

I've disabled the internet connection completey on PS3, even going as far as putting it on wired, and pulling the wire out, or even disabling everything that could be to do with internet, and it still does it.

If i just connect a wire, the internet speed on my PS3 is fine, however everyone elses is still slow.

I've tried changing the channel, no luck, not sure what you mean about wireless encrypted, how do i do that?