1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help flashing my HD3850 back to original BIOS

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by sweeper, Feb 15, 2010.

1. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I got this card it was flashed with a modified bios. But I've noticed when benchmarking or gaming the fan never spins up thus the card gets up to 83F sometimes near 90F. I tried to flash it back to the original bios it's suppose to have but I get a SubsystemID's MisMatch Error. :shadedshu If anyone can help me get this card back to it's original state I would much appreciate it.

Here is a link to the card: HERE

And the bios that's currently on the card is attached. Had to zip the file ... wouldn't let me upload the .bin file. ? .

Attached Files:

2. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well after some looking around it appears that the card was flashed to a 'HIS HD 3850 IceQ Turbo X' . I was able to correct the fan speed to work and keep the card at 72c under full load now. But I am still unable to swap it back to a Sapphire Radeon HD3850 512MB DDR3 256-bit card. :shadedshu

The card runs great, don't get me wrong. But I'd just like it to be the original BIOS. I still cannot get the darn thing to accept a Sapphire BIOS. :wtf: :banghead:

I even tried to just change the vendor name to Sapphire, but, it changed the ID and gave me that same message. :twitch:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  3. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    ? Anyone ?