1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help for Motherboard upgrade?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by ernest00, Jul 18, 2013.

1. ernest00

ernest00 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi there, i am new to this board just currently registered. I am going to need your expert advice

Here's my question:
    Just had my birthday and wanna get me a new pc for that. I love to play ego shooters like crysis or else could be Battlefield. I just got new sennheiser headphones last month (Momentum):cool:. Now i am just looking for motherboard with good audio quality?

here's my spec. Intel Core i7 Processor 4770K

my budget will be 250$. any thoughts????

2. Slomo4shO

Thanks Received:
    The GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper M5 has a great on-board sound solution and Newegg is also including an AMP upgrade kit currently.

3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    You could just get a ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 for $30. They sound great with headphones

What are the rest of your specs?

4. bengraham New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the CPU is also quite fresh? Next time you should buy all components together :)

For LGA1150 there are many choices. For good audio quality the gigabyte is really nice, but if you are looking for the upgrade kit you might wanna have a look at the biostar HiFi 3D series. There is already an AMP onboard that promises good sound quality on most headphones.

For an external soundcard i would not spend any dollar honestly

5. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    just get a Sound Blaster Z sound card for $90 from Newegg... kick ass of anything built into a motherboard.

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Biostar HiFi series is a marketing gimmick. Not very good, read the reviews. As shovenose said, go with the Sound Blaster Z series, otherwise you're just wasting your nice new headphones.