1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help? Hardware Ids

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ryuaced, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ryuaced New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a question.
    Can you or how can I change the Hardware IDs of my Geforce 675M Video card for my laptop.
    I opened up my laptop a while back and installed this card which was a feat in itself.
    The hardware ID they stuck to it is somewhat generic and I have to edit every driver to recognize it for my computer. Is their a program or method so I can edit my Hardware Id for this card to the stock one called for all the Geforce. I'm not even really needing an overclock just the name change haha.

Thanks!

2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
  3. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    You'd rather risk bricking your card than to take a couple extra minutes during each driver install? Are you using the mobile driver?

4. ryuaced New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm

Well I guess that is part of my question as well.
    I'm using the mobile driver. Geforce website even recognizes my card as
    a 675m but it has a caption noting that I have to get with my supplier for driver update.
    Which was ebay so.. not really that viable. When I spoke with them all they did was edit the file
    So it would install.

Yesterday however I installed the newest driver and it ran fine for a little bit but windows 8 detected a problem and rebooted then disabled optimus then I had black screened my laptop. I had to hook it up to my tv monitor and restore after the driver update. Which isn't the first issue I have had on any driver update. It isn't overheating I was feeling like it is getting a registering error since it isn't the correct hardware id. I suppose that shouldn't happen but I don't put it past a possibility.

5. ryuaced New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm

I have looked at it but I am leery. Looks like it doesn't say the
    580M or 675M notebook that would be supported.
    I will have to check with the maker to see if they can add compatibility.

Thank you