1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP - HIS 6950 2GB bios needed!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by samcuh, Jun 12, 2011.

1. samcuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't make a backup of my bios prior to flashing :/ I've tried all of the HIS bios's in the download section and none have worked. When I originally flashed it, everything went smoothly and it gave me the success message and told me to reboot. When I rebooted I got nothing but a black screen. I threw in an old 7950GT and booted with that as my primary card to try and flash some stock bios back onto the 6950 but none have worked. When I use atiwinflash via cmd prompt with unlockrom and force flash I'm not getting any errors but I don't get the "completed" screen that tells me to reboot. When I use atiwinflash in GUI mode it gives me an error saying "subsystemIDs mismatch".

It's important to note that I just bought this card last week. After researching a bit I found that the newer cards don't support shader unlocking at all so I guess mine falls into that category. The model I have is H695FN2G2M which can be seen here: HIS H695FN2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PC...

I'm hoping someone on these forums has this exact card and can upload their bios. If anyone has any other ideas please post them. Thanks
  2. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hate to say it but "you should have backed up your BIOS". It takes seconds and can save you from all this grief.

I think that the 6950 unlocking is coming to an end basically. People are way too hyped on flashing their cards BIOS.

You might want to try looking at the big collection of BIOS's here on the TPU website. Although yours is definitely one of the brand new models, so I don't know if the site will have that BIOS yet. Good luck man, and remember - ALWAYS MAKE BACK UPS.
  3. samcuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    I learned my lesson. All the bios's on in the TPU database are pretty old (dec, jan) and I've tried all the HIS ones without success.

I'm willing to try almost anything at this point and if the manufacturer doesn't respond and I'm not able to get a working one from somebody I'm just going to buy another card and copy its bios lol.

If anyone has a newer 6950 of ANY brand (or know anyone who does) could you please upload the bios?
  4. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where did you buy the card? I would just exchange it for a new one, or a real 6970. The real 6970's have a ton of OC potential guaranteed.
  5. samcuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know what is wrong here?

[​IMG]
  6. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

Perhaps try to flash the card and force the "flashtype" parameter (at your own risk, especially when you don't have the backup of the original bios anymore, so it may not work with the bioses from older revision videocards):

From the picture you posted earlier you can see that the flashtype is M25P10/c and that's STMicroelectronics. Perhaps try:

atiflash -st -f -p 0 bios.rom

or if atiflash didn't work out, then try out Flashrom:

Flashrom -p -st 0 bios.rom -f

If it still doesn't work, then the only solution would be rma, otherwise you need to buy a new videocard.

Good luck!
  7. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    No bios switch on these new models?