1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help installing ubuntu with beryl

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by Yin, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Yin

Yin

Thanks Received:
  2. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Yin says thanks.
  3. Yin

Yin

Thanks Received:
    Thank You
    Im gonna install it straight after my assignment (jst incase i screw something up)
  4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    cool, i think im gonna try that tonight. i just converted my rig over to ubuntu because i took a power hit a couple weeks ago and after 20 minutes of gaming the computer locks up. so no more games for me until i buy a new card. ive been very happy with ubuntu so far. great support and ive got a billion programs running on it with no lag. i cant wait to get beryl running.
  5. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Beryl is amazing... you will love it. I have always loved gnome but beryl is very nice.
  6. Yin

Yin

Thanks Received:
    i am having some problems =/
    I followed the steps and i get to this point

Install Nvidia GPU Drivers
    Installing Nvidia’s closed-source 3D-accelerated drivers is easy with Feisty. Go to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager and search for the nvidia-glx package. Right-click the selection and select “Mark for installation.” You’ll be prompted with a list of dependencies, which you’ll need to approve for the application to work. Click Apply to download and install the app. Then open a new terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and run this command: sudo nvidia-xconfig –add-argb-glx-visuals; follow the prompts and reboot.

After i type sudo nvidia-xconfig –add-argb-glx-visuals in the terminal, it prompts me for a password and it doesn't respond to anything i type =/ here is a screeny