1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help looking for a Laptop MoBo

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by sebracer, Mar 8, 2006.

1. sebracer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for a motherboard for my laptop. I can't seem to find info on where to buy one and who even makes them. I know nothing about laptops and the type of stuff they take. any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Sebracer

2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Laptop motherboards are mostly unique for the type/series. Your best bets are the manufacturer and ebay. Though buying one from the manufacturer will cost quite a lot most likely.

3. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. Ebay and the manufacturer are the only places I know too, and I've look a little. Plus from the looks of them, it would be a pain to hook one up. If you're looking for a new motherboard just cause you want to upgrade you won't have much luck. Sometimes a new motherboard may fit in an older case, but often it won't, and it is really difficult to find any information on compatibility.

4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Let us know how you get on - I hear laptops are difficult unless you know exactly what you doing, everything is too small and fiddley.

5. sebracer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did some searching and I found a few web site that sell oem/referbs. I can buy a good used laptop for the price they are asking for a mobo:nutkick: . I spilled a glass of wine on mine and fried it pretty good. I sent it to Sony and they said it would cost about $1800 to fix. I just laughed. Guys don't let your friends drink and play bf2.:toast: Just not worth it.:banghead:
    I now have a good reason to look at the new Alienware & XPS's. Thanks for the input.

Sebracer

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006