1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help me choose between Battlefield games

Discussion in 'Games' started by rpsgc, Oct 1, 2009.

?

Which one?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2009.
  1. Battlefield 2 Complete

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Battlefield 2142 + Expansion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Battlefield 1943

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I've just received an e-mail from EA with a 15 € voucher code for use on the EA Store. Considering I already have most of the games that I'd be interested in, that the rest are really expensive (50 €) and that I don't want to spend much money I narrowed it down to the cheapest ones:

Battlefield 2 Complete - total cost 5 €
    Battlefield 2142 + Expansion - total cost 0 €
    Battlefield 1943 - total cost 0 €

Tough choice eh? :)
    Oh, also bear in mind that I'm not likely to play it much considering I quite like COD 4 and I have MW2 pre-ordered. I just can't let it go to waste now can I? :laugh:

2. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    everyone try Battlefield sure play BF2 most play BF

3. Richieb0y

Richieb0y New Member

Thanks Received:
    bf2 is all good too bad i get black textures all over the place here in win7

4. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    BF2 is played more than BF2142, so you will have better luck online with it. More servers to play on.

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I loved 1943, I would vote for that, but I'm a bit confused the first 2 are PC games while the 3rd is a console game, the voucher allows that?

I have BF2 and I just feel that BF BC replaced it, granted it's not on PC, but it's getting dated and BF BC is just a lot more fun now.

6. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    No, the voucher always me to pre-order the game ;) (PC version)

7. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Bf2

8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Depends, some people like one more then the others.

I personally like BF2 the best.

9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Ah, see when I seen your post I got all jumpy and went and looked for the PC version then got sad. So figured you had a console.

10. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    BF2 is legendary and in my opinion, there is as yet no better shooter on the market.

COD4 was really good at what it does, but at the end of the day it is jsut running around shooting people. BF2 gives tremendous depth to the gameplay, the ways in which you can play the game, and the manner in which u can interact with the game.

11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I've had all 3 and I personally enjoyed more and still do the BF2 series the most. Hands down the way to go, sure it's dated in every aspect, but it's still enjoyable.

For some reason many compare the CoD series to the BF series, which is just odd...sure they're both FPS shooters, but they both have different outlooks on how the game is played and why it's played that way. You shouldn't compare either series against eachother, but more-so have what you prefer or both if you like both. I enjoy CoD4, CoD5 (now as I got it for free from a friend), and the BF series but all for different purposes. If I could blend them all up into one amazing game I would for sure, but that won't ever happen, so I leave the adrenalin to the CoD series, it might be less complex but it's far more exciting, but I leave the strategy and more serious teamwork to BF, might be slower and more boring at times but it pays off to keep with it. It depends on what you get out of the games you play and what you truly seek out of a game...don't expect extreme out of BF and it will treat you well, don't expect seriousness out of CoD and it will treat you well, end of story.

:toast:

MT Alex says thanks.
  12. bigtye New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah having spent heaps of time on bf2 and 2142 I keep coming back to bf2. Particularly with the number of mods out there for it.

If you want to crank up the realism several notches you can grab the project reality mod. Heaps of extra vehicles and weapons, and a very different paced game, much slower and more cautious.

Tye