1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help me identify this connector!!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by zakhar_51, Aug 26, 2010.

1. zakhar_51 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I have Asus geforce 8500gt ( 5189-2509 G86-303 8500GT) adapter. I have to connect small cable from adapter to motherboard, but i don't know what this cable for??? Please help me! :)))

Attached Files:

2. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    SPDIF input for streaming sound from your soundcard through the video card using HDMI because Nvidia didn't use their own built onboard sound cards like ATI *smart move IMO*
  3. zakhar_51 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank You so much!!! You are the best!!! I have one more question! I have on-board video adapter, and when i'm trying to use this Geforce adapter I have no any activity on the screen. What should i do? On-board video was disabled in bios already! Thank You!
  4. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    When the card is installed you get no screen post?

As long as your cables are connected to the graphics card *not your mainboard outputs* and your onboard is disabled *don't really even have to do that 99.999% of the time anymore* there isn't much reason you shouldn't be getting a signal to your monitor unless the card is bad.
  5. zakhar_51 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank You Sir!!!
  6. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Idk why you'd call it a smart move. 90% of my clients use their pcs with massive hdtvs 2 ft in front of them - cause they're idiots - and they always use the built in speakers. With ati cards all I've had to do is plug it in, hook up the hdmi and bam sound works perfectly. So now I use mostly ati cards.... err or did you mean it was smart move for ati?