1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help me mod my ancient Xaser II, TPU!

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by xvi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    Well, TPU forums, I'm tired of my Thermaltake Xaser II being so.. so.. unmodded.

I could have sworn that I've seen a few guides on how to mod Xaser IIs and Xaser IIIs a few years ago, but I can't seem to find anything now. I'd managed to pop off the front panel and shove a CCFL under the front grill and liked the look of having that section light up, but I wasn't able to close the panel and it didn't light up evenly. I was thinking of drilling (and probably pressure-fitting) holes for 30 LEDs, one on each side of each "fin". A bit of soldering later, and I should have a similar effect.
    Alternatively, I could just buy a flexible LED strip and cram it in there, but I don't think it'd look the same.

I'd like to do something under the case as well. Some sort of "underglow lighting", if you will.

Anyone else know of popular (and preferably cheap) mods?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. tzitzibp

tzitzibp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Xazers have always been great cases for their time... I owned an Xazer III a while back and I loved it! You can check my mod here...http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1155.html

I suppose you could do a search here in TPU for Xazer in the case gallery and pick up some ideas from there....