1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help! My AA8 motherboard won't boot, no bios. Using eVGA Geforce 6800 GT

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jaljcoki, Jun 25, 2005.

1. jaljcoki New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I recently bought the following computer components from newegg.com. I do have experience building computers, but this one I can't figure out. I connected everything correctly, motherboard seems to be fine and I hear no beeps. But I can't even boot up to the bios. I'm using a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT video card (PCI-Express), it only has DVI ports on the back so I'm using the DVI to DB-15 port converter that was provided with the card, so I can plug my CRT monitor.

I thought something could be wrong with the video card, made sure the video card was securely fastened on the mobo, I also made sure the monitor connection was connected securely and eVGA 6800's supplemental power adapter was connected to the power supply. But when I turn on the power button, the monitor won't turn up the boot screens. My monitor's power LED just flashes like it can't receive a signal.

I tried ABIT's solution found in the faqs of trying to turning off the power supply and trying to boot again, resetting the CMOS, I also tried reseting the CMOS while disconnecting the ATX power supply cord from the mobo, and removing the 3V battery. I still have the same probelm. Still, the same probelm. I don't know what could be wrong. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Abit AA-8 Duramax

OS: none, it's a new computer. Haven't seen the BIOS and I haven't been able to boot up. I do have Windows XP home installation CD on hand, if I can get this baby to work lol.

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT (PCI-Express) w/ x2 DVI outputs & S-video out.

CPU: Pentium 4 "Presscot" 3.2 Ghz LGA 775 socket, 800 Mhz FSB, I installed the stock CPU fan.

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS PCI

HDD: Western Digital 120 GB SATA

Drives: DVD-ROM Asus brand x16, DVD-/+ RW x16 BenQ brand

PSU: 500w power supply that came w/ case

Thanks in advance for reading this, and any help advice. I'm in desperate need of help and don't even want to think of going to a tech service like CompUSA and pay their exorbant service fees.
  2. jaljcoki New Member

Thanks Received:
    Forgot to mention,

Memory: OCZ Gold Series 1GB RAM (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM PC2 4300
  3. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't think the AA8 uses beep codes. There is a LCD display that is uses to communicate errors. It is located in the bottom Right of your board. Read what it says when you turn on your computer, and then look at pages G-1 through G-5 of your Users Manuel.

Also, if you have multiple HDs/Optical drives make sure the Slave/Master/Cable select jumpers are in the correct positions. When I have made this mistake with other computers it has cause them not to go through Post, and the only thing I would see is a blinking and unresponsive cursor.

Stick with the board though even if it is Dead, just get a replacement. It is well worth it, I love mine :D .