1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help! Need Advice on GTX 560 Ti SO SLI upgrade?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by lexleclipse, Jun 23, 2012.

1. lexleclipse New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Guys, I've got a dilemma, I currently own a GV-N560SO-1G1-950 and I'm looking at trying to either upgrade or SLI. Only problem is this particular card is end of line and I'm not sure it is cost effective to buy it second hand at new prices.

The question is:

Can I SLI a GV-N560OC-1G1 with it? or should I just sell it on and buy a different and newer model, if so, which one???

Do I spend about £200 for a SLI addon

or is it better to sell this one for £100 - £150 and get a £400 quid card?

ANY help is appreciated!

Lex

2. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    sell it and buy a single 680 GTX.

560 SLI might do slightly better than a single 680, but thats only in games that utilize SLI properly. most games don't have or have bad SLI support.

most of the time it also consumes alot less power, and you could always buy another 680.

remember, Single GPU are always the better choice than SLI Cards if they have similar performance.

I would only consider SLI if I'm going at the highest GPU model, the best of the best.

3. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    1. Yes, you can SLI your current card with those card. Fact is, you can SLI your card with any 560Ti in the market, as long as it use 560Ti (GF104) GPU.
    If there's difference in the clock speed, the faster card will automatically downclocked to the slower card speed. Of course you can try OC the slower card to match the faster card speed.

2. What resolution do you game at? What PSU do you use? If you game at 1920x1200 or lower, sell your current card and get at least GTX 670. A single and powerful GPU will be less problematic than using SLI setup.

Also it will be handy if you fill your full system spec, especially PSU in this case.

4. lexleclipse New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, this seems to be the main feel after some reading about this, I'll save up and go for this path.

5. lexleclipse New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a 750W power supply with at least 4 PCI-e power feeds for GPUs. I use a 27" inch mon that where poss will be set to 1920x1200. in the interest of aiming forward the advice of 680 GTX is not cheap, but at least upgradable within the next 2 years to keep the system within very very respectable levels. I've not been much of a latest shooter trend player, but am very much into my Simulators and maybe with the 680 I can play the Anti Alias function to get the look and feel more realistic in the Sims.

Thank you for your prompt advice!

6. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    Sell it and buy a gtx 670.