1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Needed After Upgrade,...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Protagonist, Apr 17, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its busted and you need a new one? :laugh: Sorry man. Couldn't help it. PSU could have broken a solder point of something with you disconnected from the first broad. Pinched a wire. Who knows. Send it back or get a new one but don't hook it up again.

2. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    its not basted it works fine in his rig too, apparently the board works with some tips of PSUs even some corsair PSUs have the same issue it seems its something in the PSUs that coz it not to operate normally.

at the back of the motherboard's box it shows the Board is full of like 5 protective features, i think the PSUs should be compatible with those features or else such kind of power issues arise

3. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Ooo wait a second, the 550W works ok with the rig? What exactly is wrong with that psu that you cannot use it?

4. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    550W works fine with it and its a Huntkey Green Power PSU, Mine is Everest FSP 600W Modular and it has no problem just doesn't power up the rig like it's supposed to check this http://communities.intel.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0 other PSUs also encounter this problem

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    That might be what issue's people are posting in newegg too.. To me that's un exceptable and it be returned ASAP. Go buy a ASRock mobo 1/2 the price or even one near the price of that one you have not not have this BS you have..

Faulty by design fuck it off lol. Might be a pain in ya ass when you sell of your system when ever that maybe.

Were did you buy the mobo from ?. If newegg tell that it's faulty by design and ask for a refund if you ask them nice enough they will pay postage both ways too.

6. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    I like the mobo, tho the PSU issue is serious pain in the ass F that shit, now i have to go buy another PSU, luckily i got someone to buy the one i have.

At this point this is my First Intel extreme mobo, and due to that issue i'm not upgrading my PC till at list 2014, coz frankly i don't see a notable change from the i5 760, only that this time round its Intel Extreme Desktop Board. processor wise its only that i5 2500K is unlocked tho i do not overclock my Processors only GFXs