1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help needed: algae in my WC system?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Kaynar, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I don't like PTNuke. Well, I thought it might be responsible for some blackish gunk build up inside my last block which was kinda sorta corroborated on another forum, but I can't be sure and couldn't prove anyway. It would probably be more common knowledge and could have been some other contaminant(s). But just been just using a kill coil since and try to change my water every six months at the most and so far no visible problems. I should actually open up my new block soon though which has been running almost a year for a look-see though.

2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Hey Wrigley! I have used a few systems with PTNuke and no gunk. PT Nuke is clear and would not be the culprit here bro.... The black was probably some kind of junk from the new rad, it is a common problem with some rad manufacturers.

3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I used pt nuke and got some weird copper deposits from it on my barbs. At least that is the explanation from smarter persons than I am.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    It is from the Rad. Did you get that Thermochill Rad James? Thermochill has a reputation for this....

5. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Check my specs. I wasn't sure what it was when I saw it. I knew it was some kinda deposition. I had a thread at OCN where I was told it was from PTnuke. They quoted some chemistry stuff too that made sense.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    I will look at it