1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help on going quad

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ste2425, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    i did a thread on upgrading my cpu and the advice you guys gave was great but ive had a thought, if i go quad it will mean my rig will be poweful enough to last a fair while right? i mean the 4850 is a pretty dam powerful ard, not like the 4890 mind you but still good, so in bout two week i will have enough cash to spend to go quad, if you guys confirm my thoughts thats its the right thing to do mind you. I will have bout 90 quid to spend but if that aint realistic i will change to your advice. I dont no anything about them so what chips would you recomend? if all the chips at my stated price are absolutally shit then go a bit over just dont show something for like 200 quid :D my needs are to last a long time, be affordable, be intel and not i7. My uses is gamingat my res stated in the system specs, it will stay like that for a while
    cheers pps

2. IINexusII

IINexusII

Thanks Received:
    i dont think you can get a new quad for 90. intel isnt as cheap as amd :)

3. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    ok man cheers well like i said i no nothing about them so i didnt no if 90 quid would be resonable to a semi decent one now or not considering everyone is all over 17