1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Pick a SSD

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Strangerz, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Strangerz New Member

Thanks Received:
    So ive been working on a build for a little while now and i have gotten around to reviewing SSD's but these seem like the hardest things to pick... I have not payed attention to them as they have progressed and I am a little lost on where to start.

I am looking for something around 120Gb and will be connecting it to a 6Gb sata port.

Any advice for what to look for in a SSD?

Thanks
  2. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    I just got my corsair force gt 3 120gb with $149.99 after MIR. no bsod, great performance. I think with the rebate, no other branch can compete with it.
  3. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much all brands use the same SandForce controller on their latest products, but that doesn't mean they are all the same.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5508/intel-ssd-520-review-cherryville-brings-reliability-to-sandforce

The choice should be obvious after reading that, and everyone knows Intel is #1 in reliability. They write the best firmware.
    Strangerz says thanks.
  4. MGF Derp

MGF Derp

Thanks Received:
    I do like Intel but I also like the new Crucial m4's
  5. Strangerz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Isn't Samsung up there to?

I was a looking at the crucials but i started to read some bad things.... could just be old reviews with old firmware tho... still reading.

Also it seems that the 180GB SSD's tend to perform a bit better then 120GB SSD's... possibly i should go a little bigger. Anyone agree?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Corsair's are much better than the Crucial drives. Way better write bandwith.