1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Please! Asus Ati Radeon 9550SE

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by GoRdOn, Jul 29, 2006.

1. GoRdOn New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have Asus Ati Radeon 9550SE 128MB 64bit. And my question is ,how to overclock it? I have downloaded AtiTools and OC-ed it to 410/250... and AtiTools had no errors with that Core and memory speed (i have checked that remove radeon clock lock box in misc). And when i run a game , it goes for like less than 5 minutes ,and then just blackout for some time and i can play the game again,but the but the frequencies are default now. So what am i doing wrong? I tried also latest softmod ,and when i try to install it i get some error "could not find "ati2mtag.sy_" in "\2KXP_INF\B_32846" directory", but the file is there... People please,im new to this,and i dont want to f**k up graphic card,so please help.

Thanks in advance

2. GoRdOn New Member

Thanks Received:
    And one other thing ,that blackout is a VPU recovery ,and im geting that error all the time on the default clock settings.

3. Cybie1111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I believe that your card is overheating. Check the heatsink (and fan if there is one) and see if it is in full contact with the core. If you have a fan with the heatsink, check if it is running while the computer is on. The 9550 does not have a temperature chip(?) of some sort.