1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Help please...]PSU Bottom Intake Fan noisy....

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by psyko12, Apr 1, 2010.

1. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    How do I make this stop, I'm afraid to open the whole contraption just to clean the bottom intake fan because of the dangers.

It's like a friggin generator chugging... Ahhh make it stop :banghead:
    Help :banghead:

P.S.
    What're the risks running this til tomorrow morning when it's bright so I can see the innards tru the grills.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. Meow9000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    open it up, just make sure its not plugged it. Spray some compressed air or even use a hoover/vacuum. If that does work, just swap the fan out. their usually just standard 3/4pin.

Edit: the bearings went in my PSU fan recently, though i had to solder the dam thing, but its just as good as it was...but quieter
    psyko12 says thanks.
  3. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Are you sure? I'm afraid of the bigbad capacitor jolt that I've read in the net.
  4. Meow9000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea im sure, just leave it for 10/20mins if your worried about that. As long as you dont use any electrical tools that could damage it or get it wet lol
  5. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Alright this is new for me, haha opening up the psu I mean, will gonna do that tomorrow. When it's bright and sunny xD.

Was afraid of the warning label on the sticker "Do not open, qualified service men only", "No user serviceable parts inside"