1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help!!!problem with dfi lan party

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dixsey, Sep 14, 2005.

1. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi I have just upgraded my dell agp mobo with a dfi lan party sli-d and my intel p4 3.06ghz with a amd 4000+ and my agp x800xt with a 7800gtx.I installed everything today and although i got into the bios it would,nt load windows,the hard drive i am useing had everything still installed and needed to be formatted but i did,nt know how to get into the formatting setup.I put the hdd back into the first case with the old mobo and cpu and formatted the drive and reinstalled windows.At first all seemed well but then it started crashing and the screen goes blue with the following message(A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".I have managed to find the formatting setup on the new computer but when i format and reinstal windows it crashes again with the same blue screen and message.I have double checked all the connections with the mobo and everything else and they all seem to be ok.Thanks in advance for any help. Dixsey
    PS sorry i put this in the wrong thread
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  2. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
    bsod (blue screen of death) first of all my first thought is your ram IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is 90% ram do you get though windows install and r use using oem ram
  3. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    No it crashes before windows reinstalls fully and i am not sure if its oem ram,it is 2 sticks of 512mb each running at 400mhz
  4. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
    try 1 stick of ram at a time when install xp bet 1 is bad if not both and dont put ram on cloth wool cotton etc work on a wooden table lrt me now the let me know if this doesnt work it also could be driver error but i dout becase u cant install fully i am 99% sure it your ram
  5. Slayerstaps New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just a little side note here could u people plz leave the Help!!!! crap out. U can just post i have a problem with (instert something here) and still leave the help!!!!

Back on topic: It doesn't have to be your ram in particular. It could also be your vid card or ram or vid card not getting enough power. check if your power supply is sufficient for your system. Does the blue screen reffer to a file ?? Most of the time it does. If it reffers to some file that caused the error please post what file it reffered to.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  6. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi tony, give yourself a pat on the back because you know what your talking about.I just got my pc back from the technican and you were bang on,one of the sticks of ram is faulty and needs to be replaced.There were a couple of other small driver conflicts but the bad ram was the main problem,well done on the diagnoses, thanks.
  7. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi slayer, i am sorry if putting help in the title is annoying but i am new to these forums.Thankfully the problem is sorted now.Thanks anyway for the advice.Dixsey
  8. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    probably your PSU. ;)
  9. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
    than you i am glad you got it taken care of bsod is always frustrating fave fun with your new system
  10. psychomage343 Guest

up the ram voltage

hey, i've been working with dfi's for ever, i've never owned a different brand of board, and i can tell you that your proble is ram voltage, take it up to like 2.8, 2.9, and make sure all your other settings are good and try that
  11. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    for any future refferance for you DFI users go here www.dfi-street.com they are a DFI specific forum and will definately get you going quickly, but of course you could always try the good people at techpowerup.com first ;)