1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help!!!problem with dfi lan party

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dixsey, Sep 14, 2005.

1. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi I have just upgraded my dell agp mobo with a dfi lan party sli-d and my intel p4 3.06ghz with a amd 4000+ and my agp x800xt with a 7800gtx.I installed everything today and although i got into the bios it would,nt load windows,the hard drive i am useing had everything still installed and needed to be formatted but i did,nt know how to get into the formatting setup.I put the hdd back into the first case with the old mobo and cpu and formatted the drive and reinstalled windows.At first all seemed well but then it started crashing and the screen goes blue with the following message(A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".I have managed to find the formatting setup on the new computer but when i format and reinstal windows it crashes again with the same blue screen and message.I have double checked all the connections with the mobo and everything else and they all seem to be ok.Thanks in advance for any help. Dixsey

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Dell...hm....does anyone else here think its...o nvm i was bout to say mobo psu...but the mobo is changed and psu wont hook up....

3. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    How big is the PSU?, solaris has a good point. That dell might only have a 350watt in it, a 7800GTX with the rest of that gear you should have at least a 450.

-Dan

4. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
    bsod (blue screen of death) first of all my first thought is your ram IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is 90% ram do you get though windows install and r use using oem ram

5. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
    good point but the bios would probly not load i have the dell 4700 and the power supply was 305 what were they thinking any way it didnt come on just had the warning light blinking also i would think the bsod has no reson to be coming up then you say you get the bsod on both systems i would put money on it that you are use ram form your dell and even to go to see that ram made contact with stactic like prehaps carpet if u are using more 1 try them 1 at a time on just put the dell dignosts cd in you dont need os i think run that and will tell you if it is the ram if not sorry i wasted your time

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  6. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I should have said that i upgraded the psu to a 580w hiper type r so that is,nt the problem

8. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Ok, well that rules that out...did you clear yor cmos prior ot first boot?

-Dan

9. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not the very first time but i have cleared the cmos a few times trying to sort this problem out.I was thinking that if its a driver problem and i think it is,i might just buy a new hard drive and do a clean install of windows.What do you think?

10. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Did you just try to delete the partition and and reload windows.

-Dan

11. bobyjo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Since you are not using the original board nor the original hard drive. That eleminates the propriatory thing.
    Set your boot sequence to CDr, HDD, CDr, then restart the system, You should see the message to press any key to boot from the CDr.
    Press any key and when the screen asks you if you want to repair or install, select repair, press enter.
    You will be taken to the console, there type in DISKPART and create the size of a OS partition you want to use.
    I normally create a 30gig partition for the OS and revelant files.
    After this create an extended partition for the rest of the HardDrive.
    You will need to format these partitions, this is done from the same screen, where you typed DISKPART before, you will need to type format c:press enter.
    You know the drill from here. Do the same for the other partition format D: enter. After the format is complete, reboot and restart the system from the CDr again, this time seledt install Win XP xxx.
    After the OS is completely installed, making sure the system boots and everything is working as it should at this stage.
    Install your chipset drivers, after all the drives are updated, NIC is working, etc.
    Install the sound card drivers if you are using a PCI sound card. If you were using the onboard sound, these drivers are part of the chipset driver pak.
    When the system is up and running, everything is running great, lastly install the video card drivers and set the resolution, screen stuff etc.
    Then began installing all your programs, games, and data on the back end drive of the HD. "D:"

12. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just formatted and installed windows in the original partition.I have replaced the hard drive with a brand new one and tried to install windows on it but it is still the same.Theres a guy looking at it tommorow and he thinks theres a problem with one of the new pieces of hardware(not sure what though)Hopefully he can sort it out

13. Redrum1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You didn't say which flavor of a 4000 CPU you have. Since most DFI nF-4 boards shipped with the 310 Bios it may not recognize your CPU. Put one stick of ram in the Dimm slot furtherest from the CPU and try loading windows again. If it loads get it stable and flash the bios to a later version 510 or 623 depending on what Ram your using to use dual channel memory and recognize your CPU and you should be set to go.

14. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Forgive my ignorance but i thought there was only one flavour of 4000+,it has the san diego core and is 90nm process,socket 939.I have given it to a technican to look at so fingers crossed he can sort it out.Thanks for the help.Dixsey

15. Redrum1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Dixsey, Its probably my ignorance since I don't keep tabs on the new ones that come out. But there is a Clawhammer 4000 in the 939 also. Me, I run a little Venice 3000 at 305x9, 2754 Mhz. So I wouldn't be in the market till something better comes out. If your tech isn't familiar with the DFI Board he may not find the problem. These boards aren't for everyone cause they have certain habits and only like certain things to run correctly. I've built a couple of these already and they all like something different. I hope he finds your problem for you..

Good Luck.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  16. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope he can sort it because i am completely out of ideas,i have spent the last 2 days trying to get it going and i am lost.Thanks Dixsey

17. tony929292

tony929292 New Member

Thanks Received:
    did you do the ram thing