• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP Sapphire X1900 xt (Crossfire) BIOS trouble!!

NOG Maxpower

Hi Guys,

My first post here and I am already asking for help. Now I am normally quite good at over clocking and trouble shooting\buliding pcs. How ever last night I made the mother of all F ups!

I came to Tech Power up in search of a new BIOS for my card. After reviewing the site and forums I figure cool lets try it.

So I loaded up the BIOS (never made a back up of my original *insert do'h here*), before doing anything i clicked on "Program". Once that happend the display stopped and my monitor led just flashes as if there is no repsonse from the card.

Strange I thought.... so i waited and waited in case the flash was going... but nothing. I've tested another card in there and its fine like wise the same card is fooked in another system.

Can any one help me?? It appears while attempting to flash the bios i've wiped it instead? Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this? Maybe a flash boot disk or some thing?

Cheers
Max

PS: I will be for ever greatful if anyone can help I am already getting the shakes of having no PC>
:respect:

UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
Processor I9 9900KS @ 5.3Ghz
Motherboard Gagabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Nexxxos Nova 1080 + 360 rad
Memory 32Gb Crucial Balliastix RGB 4.4GHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 (Bios and Shunt Modded) 2.17GHz @ 38C
Storage NVME / SSD RAID arrays
Display(s) 38" LG 38GN950-B, 27" BENQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440p, Samsung 27" 3D 1440p
Case Thermaltake Core series
Power Supply 1.6Kw Silverstone
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP
Keyboard Corsair Viper Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yes, use a standard pci graphics card to boot using a boot disk, then reflash your card from within DOS. I used to have some software and a bootfile somewhere but I im in a serious rush atm. Dont worry, I have done the same with an old x800 b4, as long as u can get a hold of a pci card, while still having ur main card connected u will be able to fix it.

So start to Breath :p , all is not lost! :)

NOG Maxpower

Yes, use a standard pci graphics card to boot using a boot disk, then reflash your card from within DOS. I used to have some software and a bootfile somewhere but I im in a serious rush atm. Dont worry, I have done the same with an old x800 b4, as long as u can get a hold of a pci card, while still having ur main card connected u will be able to fix it.

So start to Breath :p , all is not lost! :)

Hi Mandelore,

Cool thanks for the advice I was going to pop in another PCIE X1900 (a friends) and power up and then flash again will this work? Also can anyone suggest or provide me with BIOS flash that will definately work? What happend to the last one I tried why did this happen?

*breathing into a brown paper bag* I appreciated your help and any further help from ANYONE!!! :banghead:

Cheers
Max

Changis

Processor AMD Opteron 165 (ccbbe) @ 3000 (CPU-Z ID: 125237 )
Motherboard Sapphrie A9RD580 (the White One) (with leaked ATI manta ref, board Bios)
Cooling Cpu: Corsair Nautilus 500 Watercooling Northbridge: T/T spirit II 2 80mm fans 1for HDD one for door
Memory 2x512 Kingston Hyper-x 3500 ddr434 2-2-2-5-1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1900XT 256MB
Storage Main: Samsung SP. 160G SataII Storage: 2x WD 320
Display(s) Fujitsu e212 / Daewoo 28" widescreen / dad's 42" HD-TV (when they are away;) or 1 of my 2 projektors
Case Custom Glow-in-the-dark painted PC Case! PM ME IF YOU KNOW ANY1 WITH THE SAME
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Mist 600W 4x12V@20A
Software Xp Pro
first of all, you should never flash a bios unless it's needed or have extra functions.

I would Backup your friends GPU bios (especially if it's the same brand) and flash that.

"I am normally quite good at over clocking and trouble shooting\buliding pcs." but didn't backup bios first? :p oh well, live and learn ;) (the hard way)

NOG Maxpower

Thanks for the advice Changis

I had been waiting on that kinda pish taking lol Yeh I admit I broke the cardinal rule in OC'ing and Flashing. One of those moments I knew jsut as I clicked program that I shouldn't have done it :cry:

How ever I am still in trouble, if anyone can post up other suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Unfortunately for me my mate has an x1900 xt not the crossfire edition :shadedshu

Any ways glad to see i got 2 posts already... this might be the best time to buy two new x1950's instead lol

Thanks guys,
Max

Changis

Motherboard Sapphrie A9RD580 (the White One) (with leaked ATI manta ref, board Bios)
Cooling Cpu: Corsair Nautilus 500 Watercooling Northbridge: T/T spirit II 2 80mm fans 1for HDD one for door
Display(s) Fujitsu e212 / Daewoo 28" widescreen / dad's 42" HD-TV (when they are away;) or 1 of my 2 projektors
Case Custom Glow-in-the-dark painted PC Case! PM ME IF YOU KNOW ANY1 WITH THE SAME
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Xp Pro
I'll trade you the bios-less Mastercard for a club3d X1900GT ;)

you should do a bios request for " *brand* X1900CF etc..", and maybe your'e lucky and someone has the same card and will dump a bios for you, (unless you can find one on the bios archive)

NOG Maxpower

I'll trade you the bios-less Mastercard for a club3d X1900GT ;)

you should do a bios request for " *brand* X1900CF etc..", and maybe your'e lucky and someone has the same card and will dump a bios for you, (unless you can find one on the bios archive)

LOL Changis,

Sure why don't you take my 4g XMS DDR2 PC6400 for some SDRAM too :D

I'll try posting a request for a bios, thanks a lot for the advice man... Its a very friendly place here I like it so far. Only taking the pish when I deserved tbh LOL

good stuff cheers :toast:
Max

NOG Maxpower

Hi Guys,

Well it seems I am back in action thanks to all of your suggestions and to a very nice guy Cadaveca!!!

He sent me out a flash too and rom file that works for my exact brand of card. :nutkick:

So happy days thanks a mil... now that I know how to break the card and still fix it I think I'll be flashing a few more cards :D

So again thanks guys
Max
:respect:

Changis

Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Xp Pro
just remember to backup the bios first :slap: :D