1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help spend my money/Next upgrade

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Jun 1, 2007.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Next Friday will be the next upgrade day. I will have around 300-400USD or so to spend.

Top option: Auzen X-fi Prelude will be around 260USD. I just sold my X-Fi and had to go back to onboard. Which I totaly hate this is my top pick.

2ed option: All out Dander Den water cooling for Video card. D44ve is sending me a block and 175 Watt TEC for my X1950XTX but I will need a pump and rad. for this project. I might do this anyway no matter what on top of any other upgrade.

3ed option: 2ed video card X1950XTX or X1950CF card. Or I might wait and get the x2900XT and use my x1950XTX for physics.(When the driver comes it will work and I will be ready)

4th option: another 2 gigs of 8500 putting me up to 4 gigs and windows Vista 64bit.

5th option: what do you guys think?

2. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. Gam'ster

Gam'ster New Member

Thanks Received:
    2nd option, make the most of the TEC that d44ve is sending u be a shame to have it go to waste or underutilized :), then see how much doe u have left for the sound card or get a slightly cheaper sound card to tie u over for now untill u have the money again:),
    Sound we can live without ( i know how u feel bout on-board sound though :laugh:) but cooling comes first imo.
    Good luck with the up-grade :rockout:

Cheers gam

4. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received: