1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help to choose a Monitor , Fujitsu SL3230T 2ms vs HP 2310ei 5ms led

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jagd, Jun 10, 2011.

1. jagd

Thanks Received:
    Fujitsu https://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/ds-display-sl3230t.pdf this one is new model with 2ms responce time ( and spdif out ,i think old model had no spdif )

HP http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/382087-382087-3284302-215012-215012-3770740-4153110.html

anybody is using one of them and can share first hand user experience ,they have nearly same price fujitsu has 2ms responce time other has 5ms but has led backlight and display port and will save time and money to not look for an active DP adapter for eyefinity later .

User info will help alot to make my mind ,thanks.

PS: I searched for reviews but nothing helpful.

2. twilyth Guest

They're both 5ms typical response time. The 2ms on the HP is gray-to-gray response which is always faster. It's actually nice to see ads quoting real response time and not GTG.

What made you decide to narrow it down to these 2?

3. jagd

Thanks Received:
    They have attractive Pricing :D actually better price than equivalent 22inches, and all monitors with TN panel have nearly identical specs on paper now (2 or 5ms responce time ,led or not , 3d or not are main difference ,this is why i need user experience)
    Monitor will be used
    1-Browsing web/reading PDFs
    2-Gaming (non -fps ,mostly eve-online and RTS )
    3-Wacthing some clips time to time

4. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get the HP, its good.. and also nice colours and will last longer :)

Fujitsu is good but i would get HP if i were you.

have you read reviews for both monitors though?

jagd says thanks.
  5. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

You should take a look here, for another £20 you could get one of these!

http://www.cclonline.com/

27" Viewsonic VX2739WM 27 Full HD TFT LCD Monitor Code VX2739WM

atb

Law-II

jagd says thanks.
  6. jagd

Thanks Received:
    I wish i could .it is 599$ including VAT :eek: with a 10% special discount for weekend http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/viewsonic-vx2739wm-27-vx2739wm-genis-ekran-lcd-monitor/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=47771 .For a price high like that ill prefer IPS panel Dell 2711 actually

fujitsu and Hp costs 200$ including VAT , VIEWSONIC 27" VX2739WM = 3 Fujitsu or HP monitors :shadedshu in Turkey atm .

Funtoss i looked to reviews fujitsu had 2009 reviews for old model 10.000:1 contrast ratio and renewed model with 20.000:1 contrast ratio has a german review but i dont know german. HP reviews had not had enough info to decide.

thank you for help ,i decided for HP ,DP being main advantage (no active adapter in turkey atm ,+ shipping to me an active dvi/hdmi adapter will cost around 150$ this alone makes monitor bargain)

Law-II says thanks.
  7. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The fujitsu has VESA compliance. I don't know about the HP, I ctrl+f'd and searched but it wasn't listed on the page you linked. If they're really similar I would get the one with VESA, but that's just my preference.

If I were you though I would go bigger. I bought 3 samsung bx2431's for my eyefinity rig and they were only $249 each. You can even get some 21.5" LED LCD's on newegg for $129 a piece. three of those = eyefinity for under $400.

If you just use a single screen I would definitely go bigger. 24+ at least.

8. user21

user21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    if your selecting out of only these two go for HP, they both have the same response timings(2ms and 5ms) and about the SPDIF from fuitsu well you dont really need that to connect systems audio if you have already plugged HDMI, the HP comes with HDCP support (from DVI to HDMI convertor no direct HDMI plugin) so here you have to be plugging in some audio cable with it as well, apart from that
    HP is LED(way longer life then LCD)
    HP has 1000:1 static; 8000000:1 dynamic(fujitsu is limited to normal 20,000:1) means better picture better color from HP here!
    future display port is there i dont know if its any use for you!!!

HP is a must buy only if your selecting between these two :)