1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Troubleshoot BOOT Issue

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by twicksisted, Sep 25, 2009.

1. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    I had a power surge the other day that knocked out my router for a couple of minutes and shut my pc down... (yes I am on a power surge adaptor).

Anyways when I go to switch it on, it powers the fans for a split second and then its off... no beeps no nothing... no matter how many times I press the power switch the same thing.
    Its like it dosent even go into post, just fans spin up and dead within a second.

(please check my specs on the left).

Anyways I have tested the psu and thats working fine, power switch is fine and i jumpstarted it off the mobo pins to test... I unplugged everything from the rails and devices ecxcpet just had the 24pin connector / cpu 8pin in the mobo and same issue... so I assume my mobo is dead and ordered another one (arriving today sometime). Ive also creared the CMOS countless times and had it without power for 24hours / no battery etc...

Anyways while reading some other peoples issues online it occurred to me it could be the CPU!!! god I hope not lol anyways... anyone had a similar issue and what was the cause of the problem.

I just bought an Asus Maximus formula II to use for a while and overclock the crap out of my Q6600... if I need to buy another chip now becuase of this ill end up spending the same as if i upgraded to i5!!! :(