1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help! Vista refuse to run many DX 9 Games

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Baum, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Baum

Thanks Received:
    [Solved] Help! Vista refuse to run many DX 9 Games

1.Boot in safe mode (In Vista done over msconfig->safeboot)
    2.Installed directx_aug2007_redist.exe (Copying worked like before)
    3.restart and msconfig back to normal start

Result all games detect now Direct x 9.0c even if 10 is installed.

Problem seems to be the useraccount UAC and my account (administrator not enough)

I've got an new Laptop already shiped with Vista Basic 32Bit, but many games that i try to start won't run (i can't get into the game). Some of them start others just flicker.
    All used games are compatible with vista as EA Ubisoft ect. says......

Googling around i found out that i need DX 9.0c for Vista (correct me!?) but i can't install any the DX updates around from micro$hief it alwas says your installed version is newer.
    hah :rolleyes:guess what it's right i have got dx10 on that Laptop as dxdiag.exe says, but

HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON DIRECT X 9.0 or the emulating parts for DX 10 on Vista Basic 32 Bit

I know that dx10 is compatible to 9.0 as it has some special parts for emulating the old XP mode with dx9. But many games recognise only dx10 and they stop working as it isn't 9.0.

My laptop is equiped with an Nvidia 7600Go 256MB, Drivers are from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com and work fine on Steam with HL2 and CS 1.6

Currently im trying to get Driver Parallel Lines to start but it won't as it says "minimum req. does not match!" right as dx9 isn't there :banghead:

any help apreciated Baum

It's an Alienware 51 m5550 7600GO should be strong enough to run some games (if it runs HL2 it should run Anno 1701? right!)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    make sure you have the latest patches for your games.

EDIT: Also make sure your laptop's graphics meets the requirement for the game.

3. Baum

Thanks Received:
    Then direct x 9.0 isn't needed?
    directx_aug2007_redist.exe from microsoft installs fine but seems to be incompatible as it copys some files and then doesn't ask for restart and nothing changes...

I've tried to test dx9 on it, is there a real test that could be made without any additional software like dxdiag for dx9 api?
    and is reinstallation an option if the game still detects 10?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    The DX installers are AWEFUL. If you have a corrupted DirectX installation, or just one file, then installing the lastest redist.exe WILL NOT FIX the problem. For some reason, redist.exe refuses to overwrite existing files. Reinstall.

5. Baum

Thanks Received:
    Then wich Direct X installfile should i take ? a link would be nice as im confused by all these kind of Setup flavors :rolleyes:

THX in advance

6. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Try searching for dx uninstallers. I remember finding some useful utilities once. Long time ago... cannot remember the details.