1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help with a new ivy bridge upgrade build please :)

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by i9000gt, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Naito

Naito

Thanks Received:
    That is epic! :rockon:

True that! Might have to buy one :D

2. Naito

Naito

Thanks Received:
    Epic! :cool:

True that! Might have to buy one :D

3. nleksan

Thanks Received:
    Haha, thanks! It was the coolest, most amazing place I have lived (out of a dozen or so places). Aspen is not the "uppity, rich, snobby" place that people seem to think it is; the people are some of the friendliest, nicest people I have ever met! (also got to know Seal and his wife, Heidi Klum, a few others... and Ted Nugent and his Assistant; his assistant is smoking hot!)

Regarding memory on IVB, I just read an article about the new Kingston DDR3-2800 kit; apparently, with the 2400, 2600, 2800 kits, the timings have to run super-loose and at "2T" which actually caused a drop in the benchmarks from 1866 to 2133, and then it picked back up but apart from raw GB/s bandwidth, it seems like there is a fine line as to where price and performance intersect...
    And of course, the law of diminishing returns... Although it was pretty awesome to see a graph of the memory bandwidth of every common speed from DDR3-800 all the way up to DDR3-2800!
    lemme find the link...
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1918/1/

There it is!

4. Naito

Naito

Thanks Received:
    Just my own personal experience. May not be justified in games, but for my Photoshop work, the higher frequency does seem to make a difference. And it's not like I was talking 2000MHz+ DDR3 anyway.... Also, it's not like its much more expensive anyway. Where I got it from, it was $20 cheaper than the CL8 1600MHz, for the CL9 1866MHz.

No need to be so rude, it's not like I didn't even own an 1155 system...... It's just my personal experience, and I thought it may help someone out. At least the higher clock RAM gives you a few more options with clocks/timings (usually).

Edit: I did try and provide some suitable options (at least from that store).

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  5. Naito

Naito

Thanks Received:
    I haven't heard anything negative about Aspen, maybe it's because I'm Down Under. I guess people just assume if you're rich enough to live in Aspen, you must be a "uppity, rich, snobby" person?

6. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I don't know your price range, but this is good setup. You will have to search for them in the UK dunno any websites.

[​IMG]