1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help with compaq mv520(monitor)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by baoluvboa, Jun 20, 2006.

1. baoluvboa New Member

Thanks Received:
    my "dell 2400" computer using window xp doesnt recognize my "compaq mv520" monitor
    it is displayed as "plug and play monitor" so i cant use 1024 x 768 resolution so i cant play games like "empire earth"
    do i have to install a monitor drive in order for window to recognize the monitor?
    the monitor worked fine on my old compaq computer that came with it
    i figure that i have to find a driver for the monitor because i didnt install any driver for this monitor
    i been searching A LOT on google ( around 20 pages, every single sites)

is there a solution to this problem or can u guys plz find a link to the driver for it? plz help im still a noob when it comes to computer stuff and i gave up on finding the driver since i dled and installed like 4 and they dont work

Computer : dell 2400
    Monitor: Compaq MV 520 ( but displayed as "plug and play" in the computer hardware)
  2. AceFactor New Member

Thanks Received:
    how old is your monitor by chance? and did it capably run your resolution 1024 x 798 before you got your dell PC? because it should run fine as a plug nd play monitor afaik :confused:

-Adam
  3. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    My monitor is plug and play and it works fine at higher resolutions... no reason why this shouldn't work anyway - give it a go and post how you get on.
  4. baoluvboa New Member

Thanks Received:
    thx guys i got it to work with the driver that jimmy posted
  5. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad it worked, I recommend you back it up just in case you need it again when if you reformat.