1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help With Final Year Project Idea

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Fatima, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Fatima New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I am in my finial year and i am studying Business computing Systems. I wanted help with choosing a project for my final year, i don’t really know what i want to do, (I know, please don’t laugh but i really don’t know).

I am currently working for an IT company as a tester i was thinking of maybe doing a holiday booking system for the testing team, because at the moment if a member of the team want to book a holiday they i have to write an email to the manager to ask for the holiday then the manager sends an email back to say they can take the holiday or to reject it.

if the manager says yes then we would have to write another email to the Admin team, update our calendar and the calendar of the team and fill out a holiday sheet which then requires the manager to sign.

I was thinking of making this automated by creating a system where the worker just click on the days they want to book the holidays and then they click on the days this generates an email which get to be sent to all the relevant managers and they can click either approve or reject and if they approve this updates all the calendars and creates a holiday sheet.

MY PROBLEM IS I DONT KNOW HOW I WILL DO THIS, can you guys help and advice me on what softwares I will need to do this, i don’t really mind learning a new program, and how i will integrate Microsoft outlook with this because we use outlook.

any help will be great, i don’t really know where to start.