1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with finding the appropriate cord

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by mas4tune, Mar 20, 2013.

1. mas4tune New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi can anyone make a recommendation to solve this issue?

I have an android phone and would like to play my music on the phone through my car's audio system. The only issue though is that my 2013 car only has a USB in it which I thought was only for data transfer.

Does anyone know if there is an audio cable out there with a 3.55 mm jack that can transmit music from my phone to the car stereo?

Specific brand recommendations with links would be greatly appreciated!
  2. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I would guess the make and model of the car or more specific its radio would be relevant.

In any case an FM transmitter could be an option.
  3. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    2013 model car, wont it have Bluetooth?

and usually any 3.5mm jack to jack will do, as long as it the stereo has an input (mic or aux). if the stereo is an integrated one you may be unlucky. also you can buy usb sticks that handle sd cards, which also could be an option.
  4. acerace

acerace

Thanks Received:
    I strongly feel that your car has Bluetooth. Find it in the manual, it must be there.
  5. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    There is a company that makes AM or FM transmitters for portable devices. They make them for Ipod's, and the like. Look @ best Buy, or some place similar, You should have NO problem.
  6. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    My car has a usb input as well, most aftermarket headunits have a 3.5mm jack and a usb these days. They both can play music through them. I connect my iphone 4 up to the usb using the standard ipod/iphone/apple cable and play my music through that, it charges the phone whilst playing music through it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
  7. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its called an FM modulater, if he doesnt have BT he can copy the files to a USB then play then that way. I doubt there is a cable except the Modulater, if you need try a local car audio place best bet or Flee Bay..............:laugh: