1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with my BSOD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Snake05, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been away for what seems like years, but I am back and in need of grave assistance. I need help trying to establish the culprit of my BSOD issues. I recently upgraded GPU (October) and then HDD and RAM (November) (see hardware in specs). Around Christmas time, was surfing along my Netflix queue, then BAM.... Death from Microsoft (at least I like using them as my scapegoat). After much manipulation, I run Mem test and find errors with the RAM (an issue I will ask for assistance in the short term). Needless to say, I replace it with my good ole 4x 2Gb OCZ Platinum (800) and get back to life.... at least until last Wednesday. By this time, I have finagled with my RAM voltages and had success with everything I threw at it.... until my casual interweb surfing Wednesday. Similar error (don't recall the original BSOD message). So I turn back to my OCZ once more, and it hits me again, and again, and again with all configurations, including different GPUs. I am assuming at this point it is my newly installed SSD, or possibly my mobo biting the dust after a long hard run.

From what I gather, the code seems to be pointing at a hardware, whether it be driver or the component. I will be on after work today provide any more information needed. I have been limited to time to try and fix my poor baby, so any and all help is much appreciated.

[​IMG]

p.s. It's good to be home....

2. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No one? No suggestions?

3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Seems indeed to be connected to the harddrives, here's a guy who fixed it by replacing the battery. :ohwell:

BTW, have you tested all memory sticks?

4. arroyo

arroyo

Thanks Received:
    Give MOOOAAARRR NB voltage if you are using 4 memory sticks.

5. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    All my OCZ sticks pass with flying colors with no voltage changes. My GSkill will work in any pair or combination until all 4 are used together, even with the NB Voltage turned up. I keep getting errors on one particular test (5) of memtest. My primary concern is fixing my potential hard drive issue, then hammer out the ram.

This is what I get for deciding to upgrade my machine after three years of flawless use....