1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with My Internet/network problem

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Skyguard, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Skyguard

Skyguard

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys. I am here wondering about a problem that i've been having lately that is extremely annoying to me.

As of recently i have been having internet problem. I am using a powerline adapter and this is the only time i've had a problem. My network seems to be Throttling my download all the down to 2-6mbs but my upload is unaffected. we recently just got a new router that works as both a modem and a router. When we were setting it up we were forced to create a new network for it and with my powerline even though i have it connected to the router it still seems to not wanted to connect to the new network. I think either the problem is that my powerline is dying or the the old network that i am forced to connect to is being throttled for a reason and i don't know why. for anyone wondering with what my old speed were before this happened the normal speeds with my powerline were 30mb down and 10mb up, now it hangs between 2-6mb down and 8mb up. My laptop directly connected to the router with a ethernet cable is getting about 55mb down and 12mb up

I've tried to troubleshoot this my self but i am not every good when it come to this kind of stuff. If anyone out their would be so kind to help me that would so much appreciated. Thank you for reading!
  2. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Press the "encrypt/pair" button and hold it for 30 secs on each pair to reset and re adapt to the new network. This often needs to be done to some of the iffy adapters.

Also make sure BOTH ends are NOT connected to the same outlet set as the PC or laptop/smartphone charger. Those degrade the speeds.