1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with my WD MyBook Pro...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Exavier, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    my WD MyBook started refusing to show up in My Computer or Computer Management; no drive letter.

The "USB plugged in/taken out" sounds happen, but it prompts me to "install my new hardware" and comes up as "Generic USB Device."

The WD Forums are complete shite; thanks for the 3-year warranty you probably won't honour.

So I have a conundrum - my ext. HDD is not showing up, it has all my files on it which are irreplaceable, and I've only had this HDD about two-three months.

It's just not showing up, and WD won't help anyone...:cry:
    any help on how to completely delete its drivers and stuff so that I can try to reinstall it?
    Or other tips?
    -Ex
  2. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, nevermind :D

I just took the power cable out, replugged it in, and it works - I know it wasn't loose, so WTFLOL

ne'ermoind :)
  3. BloodTotal

BloodTotal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought my g25 Logitech steering wheel and it didnt work, it appears you needed to plug the ps2 cable into another cable and that into the wall. I was told it was the steering sensor or something was broken. Good thing I found that out.