1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with OCIng Asus A8R32MVP-Deluxe

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by MarcusTaz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    gents can someone provide me with their own persoanl experiance OCing this board...

maybe some bios settings etc...

I cannot seem to get my X2-4800+ above 2.7ghz per core. I have tried multiple settings and still cannot post sucessfully above a 225 x12 muliplyer setting. I have tried lowering the multiplyer tweaing the mem, lowering the HT speed....

2. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    what kind of ram are you using and what settings?

3. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 Gigs of Corsair 3500LL Pro @ 433MHZ 2.0-6-3-3

I tried loosening the settings to no avail.. even went as low as 100mhz on the ram and 3 on the tras... Bumped the voltage to 3.2 volts and still she will not post above 225...

I will have my Swifttech water cooled in by Sunday hopefully so that may help. Just wondering what settings other are using with this board...

You can check my full system specs under my name...

Thanks for replying...

4. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    Still the same issue with my Swiftech kit installed. PC is just not stable above 225 FSB. I tried multiple settings with this mobo. Any other suggestions??

5. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    which voltages have you raised? have you tried nb, and cpu yet?

6. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am not sure of the settings on your ASUS board, but on my Striker Extreme I would have to raise the VTT (I think that was the name of the setting) to 1.55v and I had to raise the NB and SB a bit.

7. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys for trying to help.. I found this post on guru3d and it is just for this mobo and helped me get close to 3ghz.. The pc runs stable @ 2.95ghz, so I am close and I will continue to try and tweak the memory to get to the 3ghz mark. If you are interested the post can be found here:

http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=220796

Hope it helps anyone looking to OC this 939 platform... I would still like to find a cheap Opteron 185... it is bascially a FX60 rebadged with the Opteron name with better durability... At least that is what research is teaching me..