1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with overclocking useing ATI utility

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by Tedizsniper, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Tedizsniper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Recently I have purchased a new graphics card, ATI Radeon x1300 PCI 256mb. When downloading the drivers I also found the ATI Overclocking Utility. I thought it would be cool to do a little overclocking. So I download the program and it seems pretty good, but every time I try the option just to detect how high I can overclock the screen turns gray and my cursor turns into a lighter gray square. It also does this while moving the bars to increase the frequency even by just 1Mhz. After that is on my screen for a few seconds my monitor acts like its on but my computer is off, so it shows nothing. Then I have to manually turn the computer off. I have the latest version of my drivers and of the Utility.

I know overclocking is only supposed to be done by people who really know what there doing, but I thought this program could also help me learn more about it. I guess I'll do some more google searching, but any help is greatly appreciated!