1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with port forwarding and a linksys router

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Murasame, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Murasame

Murasame New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm using a linksys wrt54g with v8.00.2 firmware. I'm trying to set up port forwarding for azureus. As it is now I can upload fine, but my past history was all lost and uploading has gone to shit. I went from having a 1.5 ratio of seeding to leeching to .5. I looked up how to set things up at portforwarding.com, but came across 1 problem not talking about on the site. When I go to my routers web page to set up the forwarding and go to uncheck "Block Anonymous Internet Request" it also unchecks "Filter IDENT(port 113). On portforwarding.com they still have filter check with anon net request unchecked. I'm wondering if the filter doesn't matter and I can go ahead with setting up the ports?

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well if you select a port for Azureus to use, then you shouldn't have to disable "Block Anonymous...." w/ "Filter ...port 113", iirc, I've never had to disable either. I just set up a TCP/UDP port for the program I want to use and allow it. On my current 2Wire router I have to make one for an account and assign it, and if the same one is needed for a different PC I have to make another one and assign the new one to that other name. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've had no port/speed issues with those two items set at default (checked).

You can try it, and as long as you have a firewall on your PC, you'll probably be okay. The Linksys router I used a while back was a pain sometimes, but eventually I got it working just fine. I hope this helps!

:toast:

3. Murasame

Murasame New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right now I have avg anti-virus and the windows firewall built into vista. I'll try just setting up the ports and see how that works.

Update: Ok after assigning ports to azureus then restarting azureus I get a pop-up saying Upnp mapping failed and that ports were being changed to avoid Upnp. I'm thinking of disabling Upnp. The only things on my network are my 360, ps3 and my comp directly connected to the router.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  4. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  5. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    never mind.