• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with temps?

Danzio

Ok, So first off i think i should label the equpment i'm kinda worried about: I have a Gigabyte x38-ds5 mobo, Running an intel Q9450 core 2 quad O/C'd to 3.2ghz. Ram is: Corsair ddr2, 2x 2gb so total 4096mb. I am not running stock cooling, i have a zalman cnps 9700 LED cooler attached.

Now what the problem is, is that when im checking for stability (as i've only recently overclocked the processor) i find that core 0 will rise to about 90/96 under full load nearly reaching TJMAX while core 3 will only rise as high as say, 74/76 tops? this is after about 20 mins of testing and im hoping to get at least 6/8 hours to declare it stable enough.

Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe the cooler isn't attached properly, but i'll have a look at that tonight. Any Other ideas in the mean time?

By the way all voltages are board controlled and its never been a problem as it seems to run stable enough, just the heat issue!

Thanks for all your help guys...and gals! :D