1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with Windows 7 and RAM

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by nickm24, Jan 9, 2013.

1. nickm24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an Intel Dh55PJ motherboard with a intel core i3 first generation 3.2 ghz dual core processor and a radeon hd 4650 pcie 1 gb ddr3 graphics card. I just changed ram I had two 2 gb corsair gaming ram sticks pc10666 so now I have two pny ddr3 sticks 4 gig a piece and my board is maxed out to 8 gig and they are the same speed the pc10666 but my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 only shows 7.18 gb usable. What am I doing wrong? All Drivers including chipset drivers are up to date all windows updates are downloaded im using 64 bit i just did a clean format on the whole computer not for that reason but I just want to know whats going on. I did a bios update a few months ago and I have not went into bios and touched anything related to memory or any other setting usually dont mess with it. So Whats going on? If someone could tell me thatd be great.[​IMG] included a picture of my screen that shows that

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    The remaining ram is probably reserved for the iGPU. You may need to adjust settings in BIOS for integrated video to fix that.

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    +1

Yeah like disabling it if your running the cable from the monitor to the newer card.

4. nickm24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't there's nowhere to do that it's weird. It's not installed in windows either its disabled