1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Hexus]i7/X58 & SLI: the way it's meant to be played?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by InnocentCriminal, Nov 17, 2008.

1. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    The first of two reviews (the latter being about Crossfire(X) performance) where they're pitting the QX9770 and the i7 965 up against each other with a Triple GTX 280 set up...

... an interesting review but something, many of us already knew. It's a shame the tests aren't as comprehensive as they could have been. I'd like to have seen a few more tests, but beggers can't be choosers.

Until the Crossfire review, enjoy!

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  2. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    The little boost comes from the extra 8x bandwidth the Nforce 700's are missing. They do 16+16+8 while X58 is 16x3.I still think i7 is a waste of money tho.

3. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    For gaming, definitely! I can't help but think that having any more than 1 high-end GFX card is a waste of money let alone 3!

Still, this review will mean more once they do their Crossfire(X) review and we'll then be able to compare and contrast the two reviews. This review is for those that 'money is no object'. Oh how nice it would be, to be one of those people. Still, if I had the that sort of money I still don't think I'd get SLI or Crossfire.