1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hey Dan Thanks for all the Members

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Ashen, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashen

Ashen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just wanted to thank dan for his efforts in sending http://Ashentech.com more members by chasing them off tpu.

honestly thanks dan, we need all the support we can get, keep up the hard work chasing people off tpu and over to ashentech :)
    AshenSugar and pt say thanks.
  2. Scavar

Scavar New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's true that we do need more members.
  3. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Those sure are some active forums

[​IMG]

Last front page post was on May 13th :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  4. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh wow.....i never knew a forum could be that inactive.
  5. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    they come slowly but dan makes sure they keep comming :p
    last one was SilentAces :)
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hehe, yeah thanks. lol.
  7. Ashen

Ashen New Member

Thanks Received:
    check inside, we havent posted alot of front page news because honstely i been to busy to spend every day posting news topics just to make the front page look pretty, if u check inside u will find our smallstat info, i think for the age of our forum we are doing pretty well, infact for you lazy fuckers i will upload it as of 5 min ago :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  8. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why do you have to insult this forum? That doesn't give your forum a good rep.
  9. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    What a good point.I can't wait to hear his response.It will either be a boneheaded remark or just another insult I bet.
    I remember selling energy drinks for part time income and one day I was doing a sales stop at a local bar when the owner of a new bar came in and proceeded to tell everyone there that he would show how to run a bar the right way and take all of the other bars customers.
    Within 8 mts. he went under:roll:
    All bark with no byte!{ha a funny}
  10. Ashen

Ashen New Member

Thanks Received:
    not insulting TPU, just find it funny that Dan keeps chasing people off like he did most of the current acctive membs of ashentech, this place lost alot of good people because of how a few of the mods act.

they dont get the old axium "to get respect you first must give respect"
    those who have ben around a while know me, and know that i was one of the top helpfull posters here, along with APK and some others, we did our best to help, and we all sawthings getting worse and worse, but if we said anything or talked to a mod about it the mod was powerless to help or was one of the problemes themselves and thretened to ban us for dissrespecting them(dan)

so tpu lost a bunch of ppl who desided to start a new communit that we would lead by example(mods act the way they expect everybody else to act)

i have run other forums, and i alwase expected my mods to act the way they expected everybody else to act, i fired my best friend from moding forums years back when he pulled some shit that was WAY out of line after somebody called him on something he did, he got over it, and theforums went back to being a nice place to be :)

really i was hoping for that over here at tpu, but then i keep geting people who leave here because of some of the mods who really didnt do anything to earn a ban......oh well like i said
    THANKS DAN the more you chase away the more we get :)
  11. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hey Wazzle, perhaps if you were logged in, you might see that there are topics everyday. Some of the areas haven't had any traffic, but they are non specialized area's.
  12. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    not the forum
    just 2 guys, and i got that as a joke:laugh:
  13. Scavar

Scavar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Who insulted TPU? I don't post here anymore, but I still come to read different threads and check for news. I did see people, who are members of TPU, get technically insulted.

In defense of News posts, we don't have the member base to really justify having a million News posts a week. When something grabs someone, we post. I believe off the top of my head that the General Tech area, personal reviews, pub, and PC gaming are the most trafficed areas. Which is how I like it anyways. /shrug

What happens happens. The past is there to learn from, not to change.
  14. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    This is a flippin gag.Why can't you just be honest and say your forum is dead,...you are board,{I love the ones that say they never post here anymore and then post:wtf:}...and the only way you can strike up any fun today is to come over here to this kick ass active place and post a little bitchy comment to get people to respond.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 for helpfulness of this thread it is a -1. I mean COME ON,... "Hey Dan Thanks for all the Members"
    What a smart-ass.
    If this "DAN" is such a punk,...then YOU be the better man if you can MR. Ashen.
    DanTheBanjoman says thanks.
  15. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    the forum is not dead...
    go check it yourself
    and you can even give a -10, we really don't care since this isn't supposed to be helpfull, this is in the genneral nonsense forum if you didn't saw
  16. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Er...because it's not. It's actually quite active, I post more there than I do on here. Just because we don't have a huge member base like here doesn't mean it's any worse. It's just newer. It's a smaller, tight-knit community, and I prefer it that way. However I also read a lot of the threads here and probably spend about an equal amount of time on both sites.

So to say it's dead is wrong, but I also don't think Ashen saying what he did is going to do our rep any good -_-
  17. Ashen

Ashen New Member

Thanks Received:
    its in genral nonsence, hence its not ment to be helpfull.

and dude, when tpu was younger it had very few members, any new forums/site takes time to grow and guess what we are growing, we get at least a member a week if not a few, and thats fine by me, i could go out and post ashentech links allover and get mass traffic, but then i would have alot of people i dont really want(like people with your attatude) crawling allover my forums fucking up my budding community.

and i was being honest, im glad hes sending people to us, because so far everybody thats come to ashentech because of things they didnt like on here(most had runnins with dan at least a couple times) have been quite respectfull and kind, the kind of people i like having around.

nobody here insulted TPU, You on the other hand have attacked me and the other ashentech members and ashentech itself in each post you have made, i think that shows alot about the maturity of you and also the fact that none of us have attacked of belittled you has showed alot about us.

dark, im not worried about our rep, they can come over and see how ashentech is run and see that the communit is far more respectfull as a whole then TPU has been for some time(it was good when i first joined quite some time ago, oh note sk-1 im AshenSugar, Zek made me a new acct because of some account issues)

I have NEVER told people not to come to tpu, and i have sent some to tpu for things like atitool, ati bios, and even to ask for help on stuff i didnt have any advice on.

if anybody has been dissrespectfully its people like you and dan, check out this thred http://forums.techpowerup.com/archive/index.php/t-27837.html

i never parodyed TPU, or tryed to copy or mock it, yet the head mod here did.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  18. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    ahaahaaa

You guys are fukin pathetic.. really. Are you all like 13 or something... Piss off if you don't like it, stay if you do, its not like you are paying for it or anything. No one is getting ripped off if they leave..

This thread reminds me of one of those little nerdy highschool arguements that kids used to have.... no don't talk to him coz he hurt my feelings the other month, come and talk to me over here instead.....

Fukwits...
  19. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Banjo is definitely not the head mod here. That would be W1zzard, then all the supermods, then all the mods. All staff has equal input in our discussions.

Keep the thread civil, guys.
  20. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heck, to me, TPU isn't even big. Go try out xtremesystems.org, or pcapex.com, those are some pretty good forums.
  21. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, TPU is more of a medium-sized forum. But we've grown a lot over the past year or two.
  22. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    After second thoughts, this thread is just a fire waiting to explode. If you have concerns about TPU, please post them here.
  23. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Ashen, I really didn't expect an insult this low to come from you, behavior such as this only puts your forums in a lower light.
  24. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Actually Ashen there have been contributions by many, many others along with the ones you mentioned. These forums were up and running long before those names arrived... I don't get the notion that you had nothing in mind other than to stir shit up to make TPU look bad regardless of the topic you pretend to hide behind ... go start shit in your own Forum
    :slap:
  25. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Funny thing is, I literally told mr Silentaces to go to ashentech. He kept/keeps saying he isn't scared though, yet you claim I chased him away. Lovely. End of discussion.