1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hey guys I have one question?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by WAR10CK, Jun 25, 2010.

1. WAR10CK New Member

Thanks Received:
    I recently upgrade my heatsink with a XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 and I installed on my motherboard but the temperatures in my pc are too high and I want to replace for the old one I used a crossbow bracket and it has a sticker but so my question is how can I removed the crossbow bracket because the glue sticker seems to be very strong so I'm afraid that if I remove the crossbow by forcing it i will break the motherboard can somebody help me please I 'll appreciate it thanks in advance sorry for my english:confused::confused:

2. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    i would pry very very gently, they usually fall right off, it can't be on there that tight, just be careful, don't fled the mobo much!!

3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Take a blow dryer if you have access to one and heat up the crossbow for 20-30 seconds...it will probably get hot to the touch but should pull off much, much easier that way...though there are still good odds the double sided tape will stick to the MB. You can cut strips of 3M double sided tape to replace the factory stuff pretty easily.