1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hi Guys ! I need help about Dynamic and Dedicated memory for my GPU

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by amazm40, Feb 21, 2014.

1. amazm40

amazm40

Thanks Received:
    i have just noticed that my graphic card using the dynamic memory instead of the dedicated memory using GPU-Z i don't know why or how but i saved a log file that is telling that and here is what was in it

GPU Load [%] , Memory Usage (Dedicated) [MB] , Memory Usage (Dynamic) [MB]
    96 , 0 , 1117
    97 , 0 , 1117
    98 , 0 , 1117

and i uploaded some imgs and the log to check them ... please help about that

i am using

Intel core i3 3210 3.2 ghz
    4gb ram
    sapphire vaporx 7770 hd ghz edition
    hard 1 tb
    PSU 450w

Attached Files:

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Welcome to TPU

What motherboard Make and Model?

Try: Disabling Igp and set HD 7770 set as primary device in motherboard Bios [plug monitor into HD 7770]

atb

Law-II
    amazm40 says thanks.
  3. amazm40

amazm40

Thanks Received:
    Hi Law-II Thanks

I am using motherboard Gigabyte GA-P75-G3

It's without built-in graphic card

The monitor is already plugged into HD 7770

And i don't know what u mean by lgp but i will try to disable any shared memory from the bios

I found a comment that says :

The "dedicated" memory in GPU-Z is the amount of system (non-GPU) memory that is reserved for use by the graphics card (whether or not it is needed), whereas the "Dynamic" memory is the amount of memory that is actually being used by the graphics card at any given time for textures etc.. With DirectX 9 and before, all data in graphics memory was required to be duplicated in system memory and thus there was "Dedicated" system memory for graphics, usually equivalent to the memory capacity of the graphics card but sometimes bigger. With DirectX 11 and above, system memory is allocated for graphics dynamically and there is no "Dedicated" memory. Furthermore in DX11 and above there is no requirement that the the graphics memory be replicated in system memory, so the only time system memory is used is when the GPU runs out of graphics memory. This frees up a lot of system memory and is the reason why there is no "Dedicated" memory for you or any system running DX11.

This link also gives a good explanation of this.
    I hope this clears things up.

In this link http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...memory-0-mb-geforce-650m-gt-windows-8.180910/

Thank you for responding.
  4. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

are sure Gigabyte GA-P75-G3 is correct as it dose not show on internet [nearest Match is GA-P75-D3]

Igp = Integrated Graphics Processor [built into the i3 CPU]

are able to provide link to Gigabyte GA-P75-G3?

atb

Law-II
  5. amazm40

amazm40

Thanks Received:
    Law-II says thanks.
  6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Look in Bios "Peripherals" tab/Init Display First [Auto] change it to [PEG] (Sets the PCI Express graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display)

Save & Exit Setup

[assumming the vga card is installed in top PCIe x16 slot]

As mention in post #3 the mobo dose not have vga / hdmi or dvi out and thus this should not effect the dedicated vRAM or system RAM.

*maybe: use GPU-Z and place the vga card under load [run a demanding game in full screen]

atb

Law-II
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  7. amazm40

amazm40

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I did those steps .. my screen is using vga cable so i used the converter from dvi to vga to convert it this converter came with the graphic card

as u said i played battlefield 3 under ultra options in 1280x1024 resolution with 50+ fps no problem in that and this txt up there in the attachments

is the log of Gpu-z while playing under 99% load , as u see its using dynamic memory not the dedicated one
  8. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

What version of GPU-Z, maybe try another

TBO am out of ideas; maybe other members of TPU will be able to asssit further

atb

Law-II
    amazm40 says thanks.
  9. amazm40

amazm40

Thanks Received:
    There was an update, i updated it and still in the same problem

Anyway thank you so much for your time i will w8 another people solutions and i hope i can get it :D
    Law-II says thanks.