1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hi i am need of help with the new corsair fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by marcus1987, Aug 28, 2012.

1. marcus1987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i am weighting about the corsair fans i need help please

please could you tell which fans would be best for my system

i have a fractal r3 and i would like to no which fans i should get and where i should put them

: will i see a big difference between tease and standed set of fractal design r3 fans
    i see you say about getting af 120mm but i did not no if it would be best for me to get sp 120 for the front of my case as i dont have mesh as you well no i have a door there and
    then at the back i have my radiator for my corsair h80 as i don't have it mounted to the top like you do in your rig

so i was thinking of buying

4x 120mm sp fans and putting 2 at the front and 2 on my radiator at the back or should i put the radiator up on the top and run a af on the back please help i am in dyer need of your help

thanks regards

marcus

2. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:
    If you are going to mount on the outside of the case I think it would be best to put the radiator in vertical position on the back outside the case with 2 fans on the outside pushing. I think the stock fans that are on your case are sufficient for cooling the case and if you are going to put the radiator outside of your case most of the heat off the radiator will be outside the case.

I you have enough clearance go push pull with 4 fans on the radiator with the direction of the air pushing towards the computer case.