1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

High Power Plus 500W vs Inter-Tech Energon 650W

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by bL1nd3R, Feb 7, 2014.

1. bL1nd3R

bL1nd3R

Thanks Received:
  2. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
  3. bL1nd3R

bL1nd3R

Thanks Received:
  4. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Personally, I wouldn't want to use either of those PSU's, but as far as I can tell, only the 500 watt model has a 80% efficiency rating, so it would be the "better" of the two.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    Ah, if you have to choose lesser evil, then keep the High Power Plus 500W, but you are choosing bad from worse

+1

6. zsolt_93

Thanks Received:
    Go for the Sirtec/High Power one. Its not a bad company, the PSUs are reliable. Its just the fact that the brand is less known in western countries where everyone can afford a Seasonic/Corsair. In that budget, in Romania you won't find anything better, most are real ripoffs at this price, claiming 600+ watts, or you get a 350W bronze unit maybe. You don't want to know how many cheap brands are here, companies you have never heard of. And what you rate low end or mediocre that is kind of higher end for us, when most people use noname 400W rubbish. Hell.. even my PSU that was in around the same budget, when i bought it, is a low end platform, not even actually made by Enermax. Took this over some Spire, and the High Power Bronze 500 which was a bit more and i should have ordered it from another retailer than the rest of the parts for the build.
    The InterTech which is a pile of crap or at least overrated by 200W and 4 12V rails with low amperage? For what? And no 80+ of any kind for it. There are Gold rated High Powers, but at those prices you can already afford the Seasonic based ones too.

bL1nd3R says thanks.
  7. bL1nd3R

bL1nd3R

Thanks Received:
    Ok, i'll choose the High Power Plus 500W, thank you for replying. Really helpfull.