1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

High resolution laptop/ultrabooks

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Hotobu, May 8, 2012.

1. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I haven't been in the market for a laptop in a while, but am considering a new one. Right now I've got a 13.3" screen running at 1366x768 resolution and am a bit tired of it. The screen size is just about right (I don't want anything bigger than 14"), but I'd like a high quality/resolution display in something that isn't a Mac. My other goal is a 6 hour battery minimum. Can anyone suggest a few models out there worth looking at? I've tried searching the net for models with these specs, but with the new Ivy Bridge ultrabooks starting to roll out I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

BTW I'm not sure about price as of yet. I just want to see what's out there right now.
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sony Vaio Z, Asus UX31 off the top of my head. Not many others offer higher res screen, HP Folio 13 or Spectre 14 might
  3. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Spectre does, Folio doesn't. The other's do as well of course. Thanks for the reply I really thought there'd be more models that weren't THAT expensive.
  4. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also don't like them because they're bulky, but yeah 6 hour battery life minimum is mandatory. As far as I can tell the UX31 is the best thing going for the price, but apparently the viewing angle is kinda meh, and the screen is glossy. I'm also not a fan of "dongle connectivity." I guess I can live with it, but in the case that I need one of the standard laptop ports I'd hate to just not have that connection with me at the time. I'm gonna keep my eye on the zenbook line though.