• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HighPoint Launches Next Generation eSATA Storage Docks

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading SAS, SATA and USB 3.0 HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, Proudly announces the next generation of eSATA storage devices; boosting performance from 3 Gb/s to 6 Gb/s - the RocketStor 5322 Dual 6 Gb/s eSATA Storage Dock. HighPoint's innovative dual-dedicated 6 Gb/s eSATA architecture optimizes the transfer speeds of 6 Gb/s SATA storage devices. Each of the RocketStor 5322s dual 6 Gb/s SATA bays is built for today's fastest SATA storage devices, and deliver twice the performance of eSATA 3Gb/s storage docks - up to 12 Gb/s of aggregated transfer bandwidth.

HighPoint's no-compromise approach to eSATA technology aims to revolutionize desktop and workstation storage. The RocketStor 5322 overcomes the known performance shortfalls of existing 3 Gb/s eSATA devices and delivers dual-dedicated 6 Gb/s eSATA host connectivity. Each 6 Gb/s SATA bay is capable of fully leveraging the performance potential of today's high-speed SATA 6 Gb/s SSD's.

The RocketStor 5322 was designed specifically for high-performance desktop and workstations, and is the ideal high-speed companion for 6 Gb/s SATA SSD's and high-capacity 4TB hard disk drives. No other eSATA Storage Dock can match the RocketStor's zero-compromise approach to external storage - an unrivaled combination of performance and value. The RocketStor 5322 is designed for the enthusiast that is serious about storage performance.

Each SATA device bay is powered by a dedicated 6 Gb/s SATA channel, and can operate fully independently or in unison to deliver up to 12 Gb/s of transfer bandwidth - the ideal external storage solution for hardcore gamers, power-users, media enthusiasts and professionals alike.

Small-Footprint Powerhouse
The RocketStor 5322's compact, open topped design promotes cooling and maximizes your workspace - ideal for crowded desktop and workstation environments. The quick release buttons and built-in hot-swap support allow you easily add or remove any SATA SSD and hard drive as the need arises.

RocketStor 5322 Storage Docks are fully compatible with PC and Mac platforms and are suitable for individual drives and RAID arrays configured with eSATA PCIe controller cards.

Put your old drives to work! Each 6 Gb/s SATA bay supports any generation of 2.5" and 3.5" SATA device, including today's fastest 6 Gb/s SSD's and 4 TB hard disks.

Seamless Compatibility with Industry Standard eSATA Host Connectivity
HighPoint's RocketStor 5322 utilizes industry standard 6Gb/s SATA technology to deliver blazing transfer performance. The RocketStor 5322 was designed with maximum usability in mind, and is compatible with all standard motherboard 3 Gb/s or 6 Gb/s eSATA ports, and PCIe eSATA host adapters, including our own Rocket and RocketRAID 600 series HBA's.

The Perfect Storage companion for HighPoint RocketRAID 600 Series 6 Gb/s SATA HBA's
The RocketStor 5322's dual-dedicated 6Gb/s eSATA ports are a perfect match for RocketRAID 600 series HBA's and together deliver complete host-to-device storage solutions for PC and Mac platforms. The affordable price point, compact designs, and industry standard port connectors are well suited for any storage upgrade, integration or expansion project.

RocketRAID 600 series HBA's include HighPoint's intuitive web-based storage management suite, which allows users of any experience level to quickly and easily configure RAID 0, 1 and JBOD configurations between any hard disk and SSD installed into the RocketStor 5322's dual 6 Gb/s SATA bays.

Availability and Pricing
RocketStor Storage Docks are available immediately from our worldwide network of distribution and Reseller channels.

RocketStor 5322 - USD $119.00.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i9-9900k @ 5GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
Cooling ThermalTake Riing 240
Memory 2x8GB G-Skill 3600 CL19 @ 16-19-19-20
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2060 Amp!
Storage 2x Samsung 860 Evo 512GB, 4x Seagate 8TB
Display(s) 2x Dell U2713H
Case CoolerMaster M500P
Power Supply ThermalTake Toughpower 730W
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ugh WD Greens. :shadedshu

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Ugh WD Greens...

...are great for storage.

I need a new storage device. It's either going to be another bought external drive, or build myself some kind of NAS. I'm leaning towards building myself a NAS though, I'll feel more manly doing it.