1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS 5870 limit overclock ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by PPK, Nov 27, 2009.

1. PPK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello all ,
    im new here and my english is not good but i hope you will understand what i mean when i write something :)
    First yesterday i buyed brand new HIS 5870 , i read anywhere @ network many peoples they are clocked it to 1 Ghz core speed , but i cant i have Limit to 900Mhz ... and 1300 memory , I try it with MSI Afterburner but again same problem limit to 900mhz ... So i think maybe my BIOS have problem , so i download ASUS Bios for 5870 from site , but now is hard part for me , can anyone help me or write Tutorial how i can Flash my Bios to Asus ... Also first i want save my original bios . I will be grateful to those who help me with anything !

Thank You for understanding and helping :)

2. Nosada

Nosada

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know, flashing the bios of your video card is not necessary. The problem is that there is not a single piece of software at the moment that both supports voltage tweaking and limitless overclocking. I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you need to use MSI Afterburner for the voltage tweak and either AMD GPU clock tool or Rivatuner for the overclocking.

I'm not entirely sure about this, so you might wanna wait for someone more knowledgeable to come by and set it straight.

3. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    This one post has everything you need, even the bios.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15021144&postcount=1

It's what i followed and Now I use MSI afterburner and run 950/1250 24/7 on stock voltage with a tweaked fan profile.

I really hates using AMD GPU Clock tool for clocks, MSI afterburner for fan, and missing out on the card down-clocking.

The flash seems fairly safe (still at your own risk!!!) and has worked wonders for many users here.

4. PPK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh Yes i read it but i have FEAR flash bios on DOS i dont make it before ... is it can with RBE editor + winflash ?

5. PPK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh YEAH BABY i make it im hacker :p

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, well you last post made no sense. Anyways, if you don't want to flash anything, get AMD GPU Tool and MSI afterburner. You set your clocks with AMD GPU tool, then open MSI afterburner to set your fan speeds. There is no permanent solution other than flashing your bios.

7. PPK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey DUDE! do you have Pontiac Trans Am becouse i have it but from 1992 with other front mask !!! Legendary car i love it

8. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Can't have said it better myself. :toast:

wolf says thanks.