1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS Excalibur HD5750 BIOS Flash Failure

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by daemonia, Jul 19, 2012.

1. daemonia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I have this HIS Excalibur HD5750 1GB. It had a problem with occasional freezing when was playing games, so I went to search the internet to find out the cause. I found that the problem is caused by the graphics card's idle clock is too low, and I need to edit my graphic card's bios and re-flashed it.
    Okay, so then I edited the bios that using RBE and when I tried to flash my card using ATIWinflash my PC just froze. Thinking that it's probably caused by the software working, I waited for about ~30 minutes, but nothing happened. Well, it's my first time flashing bios so I felt a little panic and resetted my PC. It won't reboot (my PC beeps about 5 times when I tried rebooting, btw) at all so I'm forced to use my IGP.
    Next, I tried re-flashing the card using ATIFlash (with the guide from this site), but it's also got the same freeze every time. I already tried both my original bios and the edited one, but without any result.
    Does anyone know the solution for this? Or maybe my card's bricked for good? :(

Thanks.

2. johnslash

Thanks Received:
    You should enable the VGA Onboard, then save the bios settings, turn off pc, put the VGA in the PCI-E connection, then, you put the ATIFlash and the pen drive's boot files through the HP Format Tool into the pen drive, put the original BIOS into the pen drive, and boot the pen drive instead HD, then type, atiflash -p -f 0 xxx.rom ( xxx is the name of your bios ), and post here what happened.

Sorry about my english. Post what appears there.

3. johnslash

Thanks Received: